On behalf of the children and staff, we would like to welcome you to St Fergus Primary School. We hope you find our website clear, informative and easy to navigate. Our website was created by pupils and is maintained by pupils as part of the primary 7 Leavers’ Legacy. It is designed to give you a flavour of the vibrant life of our school, the work of our pupils and the quality education we strive to deliver.
Our school vision is St Fergus Primary School – Creating the Potential to Succeed – Pupils will Exceed Expectations. Our whole school ethos is centred on this vision. We believe children at St Fergus are Happy, Confident, Achieving and Creative. These core values form the basis of everything we do. All of our staff share this vision and recognise children as unique individuals with specific talents and needs. They work tirelessly to provide a varied and engaging curriculum and a positive school experience. You’ll find our classrooms to be hives of activity and full of creativity and learning, making St Fergus a special place indeed for children.
Being the Head Teachers of St Fergus Primary School gives us great pleasure. We are fully committed to the community of St Fergus and strive to ensure that the school serves our local children and their families well.
The school roll for session 2017-18 is 117 pupils and we have six classes this year. We have an Early Learning and Childcare Setting (Nursery) which can take up to 20 children in each of the 2 sessions per day.
If you would like to know more about our school, you are very welcome to come and visit. The children of St Fergus very much enjoy talking about and sharing their achievements and our successes.
- ❄️ St Fergus school had their own winter Olympic event today. Congratulations to the curling medal winners in each… https://t.co/SRnDOx4vW6,
- RT @ASAberdeenshire: Peterhead Athletics Club are holding taster sessions for P7-S1 on Fridays, starting 23rd February at Peterhead Leis… https://t.co/46uD2Vw3wc,
- P3 are learning all about the world of work. Thanks to parents who have shared this week about nursing/fishing. Loo… https://t.co/UumavHoeg3,
- Great transition morning for nursery/P1 today. Joint learning on Goldilocks and the 3 bears.🐻🐻🐻👧,
- RT @ASAberdeenshire: Ball Games @StFergusSch starting next week (Wednesday 21st). Don’t miss out book now! https://t.co/KZSzKxSrPW https://t.co/IkNqDFXMdP,
Thanks to all who attended our drop-in session on road safety on Seafield Street in Portsoy on Tuesday. We value… t.co/TVLPFnJ8Ru
Search the site
Lunch: 12.15pm - 1.15pm
Early Learning and Childcare Setting Hours
Morning Nursery: 8.45am - 11.55am
Afternoon Nursery: 12.20pm - 3.30pm.
Claire Grugeon and Avril Sutherland